- We see that the essential aspects of learning include:
- Critical tasks must be practiced at an appropriate frequency and intensity;
- Practice must take place at the right skill level for the individual student--a skill level that continuously adapts to keep the student challenged, but not frustrated;
- Multiple skills must be "cross-trained" at the same time for lasting improvement;
- Rewards must build as a student progresses, maximizing motivation;
- The learning environment must feel "safe," so students are encouraged to take risks; and
- The content must be age-appropriate and engaging.
Take a look at this eSchools Article on the impact of Brain Plasticity on learning
Dyslexia, Autism, APD, Aspergers & SEN - Get Help from Neuron Learning.